The Analytics Edge Connector for Google Analytics (Pro) has been updated with a series of new pre-configured Google Analytics 4 reports to get you started fast. Just pick the report you want and click OK to instantly get your data into Excel.
The new reports will help you discover the capabilities of the new Google Analytics Data API, and for those new to GA 4, show you a few things you didn’t know were available. You can easily modify all of the report parameters to tailor the query to your specific needs.
A few highlights of the new reports:
- the reports focus on users and events, specifically avoiding using most session-based metrics. This is because the sessions metric is no longer an effective metric in 2021 (for more about this, see the Misunderstood Metrics article).
- the Landing Pages report shows the page visited during the session_start event. Because it filters on the session_start event, very few meaningful metrics are available.
- the Total Revenue report includes the ARPU (Average Revenue Per User) and ARPPU (Average Revenue Per Paying User) metrics.
- the Conversions report shows all the conversion events and the page where they happened.
- some of the reports (like the New vs Returning report) include calculated metrics (like Returning Users). The connector supports calculated metrics but at the current time there are only a few built-in ones with no ability to change them.
- the By First Session Date report will show limited user data for dates older than 30 days.
- the By First Source report will show how the users first found your site. Note that cookie restrictions can make this data unreliable.
- in the Device report, the Device Brand for desktops is the brand of the browser used.
As always, if you have feedback about a report of about the connector functionality, I would love to hear it.
The update is available now via the License wizard in the Analytics Edge Add-in. (instructions)