Analytics Edge still provides an inexpensive alternative to the old Excellent Analytics open source project to download your Google Analytics (UA) data into Microsoft Excel. Up-to-date and fully supported. With the Analytics Edge Core Add-in and the optional Google Analytics connector, you can:
- use multiple logins and website profiles
- unlimited accounts, queries and downloads!
- automatically downloads all data (no 10,000 row limit)
- can minimize Google Analytics data sampling
- access to the latest dimensions and metrics
- refresh all the queries in your report with a single click
- no need to learn API field names; uses the same terminology as the web interface
- flexible date ranges; can use worksheet cell references
- fully supported with responsive forum support
- plenty of free reports and expert articles provided
RIP: Excellent Analytics Open Source Plugin
As of April 20, 2015, Google turned off the old ClientLogin authentication used by the plugin, so you will get an “Invalid password / username” error. The development of the add-in was never really picked up by the community, so it’s design was already outdated by the time that happened.
Fixing the login problem was a small part of the work required to get the plugin working again, so Analytics Edge created an inexpensive replacement for it: a better Google Analytics plugin for Excel; one that is easy to use and unlimited.