THERE IS STILL A FREE SOLUTION: using Analytics Edge Simply Free, a completely free alternative to the old Excellent Analytics open source project, download your Google Analytics data into Excel. Up-to-date and fully supported. With the free license option in the Analytics Edge Core Add-in and the included Free Google Analytics connector, you can:
- use multiple logins and website profiles
- unlimited accounts, queries and downloads!
- automatically downloads all data (no 10,000 row limit)
- can minimize Google Analytics data sampling
- access to the latest dimensions and metrics
- refresh all the queries in your report with a single click
- no need to learn API field names; uses the same terminology as the web interface
- flexible date ranges; can use worksheet cell references
- fully supported with responsive forum support
- plenty of free reports and expert articles provided
“Analytics Edge: Free, Reliable, Everything Excellent Analytics Wasn’t” — Annielytics.com
If you need more, Analytics Edge protects your investment by providing several upgrade paths that do not require changes to your existing reports:
- inexpensive upgrade to a premium license with analytics workflow automation
- easy to add premium connectors for Google Search, AdWords and more
See how Analytics Edge can make your Excel report automation simple. Download your free copy now!
RIP: Excellent Analytics Open Source Plugin
As of April 20, 2015, Google turned off the old ClientLogin authentication used by the plugin, so you will get an “Invalid password / username” error. The development of the add-in was never really picked up by the community, so it’s design was already outdated by the time that happened.
Fixing the login problem was a small part of the work required to get the plugin working again, so Analytics Edge created a free replacement for it: a better Google Analytics plugin for Excel; one that is easy to use and unlimited. It is Simply Free.